Why You Should Plan Ahead
Pre-planning is a matter of taking the time to think about – and record – your end-of-life desires. It’s a thoughtful gesture to those you love, and a way to let go of anxieties about the future. Once done, you can relax, knowing your plans are in the hands of reliable friends or family.
It’s All About Taking Control
Given time to consider it, you’ll quickly realize that pre-planning is all about ensuring that your wishes are known, so they can be acted upon when the time comes. Making the commitment to planning ahead:
- Is easy. There’s no health questionnaire or physical exam required. Absolutely everyone can make a pre-plan, and there is no waiting for return documents. The plan is completed, and put on file in our office.
- Lets your family clearly know your wishes.
- Relieves your family members of making very personal decisions on your behalf at the time of need.
- Can protect your family from the ravages of inflation. Your expenses can be covered when you need them to be, through a pre-payment plan.
Does Pre-planning Require Pre-payment?
The simple answer is just two letters: No. You can set plan to paper by simply recording your wishes, and leave it for your family to pay for your desired services at the time of your passing.
Or, you can protect you and your family from inflation, by pre-funding your plan. This ensures your expenses will be covered when you need them to be.
When you choose to pre-fund your final arrangements, your money is put in a state-approved trust account or top-rated insurance company until required. After your pre-plan is paid for in full, our price is guaranteed. You will never have to pay more for the items you have already paid for.
Another point we’d like to stress: When you pre-plan with Reese Funeral Home, your plan will go where you go. No matter where you reside at the time of your passing, no matter what funeral home you choose to work with, your plan will be transferable to any funeral home in the United States.
- More Time to Consider Your Options - You and your family will have time to research your options and make well-informed decisions, without feeling rushed.
- A Sense of Accomplishment - You'll feel good knowing that these arrangements have been taken care of.
- Fewer Family Concerns - Your surviving family members will have less to worry about in the event of your death.
- The Option to Prepay - When you prepay, you can lock in today's prices. Our funeral director will explain each payment method and investment option available, and will help you make a decision that best suits you and your family.
- Your Family Keeps More - When you prepay, your estate will owe nothing on funeral expenses. More of your assets and life insurance proceeds will go directly to your family.
- Save the Amount You Need - Once you gain an understanding of all the costs involved, you can earmark a portion of your savings to cover those costs.
- Fewer Last-minute Expenses - When you plan in advance, your family is less likely to incur additional expenses at the time of the funeral.
Why Pre-Plan with Reese Funeral Home?
By pre-planning with us, you’re assured that your final wishes are known. This relieves your family of the burden of making difficult decisions, under emotional duress. Through pre-funding your plan, expenses will be covered when you need them to be. That's guaranteed.
Our plans offer a variety of payment options to fit most everyone. Choose the payment option that's right for you.
Ready to get started?
Request a personal appointment with a Reese Funeral Home pre-planning advisor. Please contact us by clicking on the link below.
Record your personal information to be kept on file at Reese Funeral Home. For assistance in completing this online planning process, please contact us by calling (727) 391-9954.